Did You Know?
- Other than skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in American men.
- Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, behind only lung cancer.
- About 1 man in 6 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime.
- About 1 man in 36 will die of this disease.
- The American Cancer Society estimates that about 240,890 new cases of prostate cancer were diagnosed in the U.S. last year.
- About 33,720 men in the U.S. died of prostate cancer in 2011.